Since 8 July and the commencement of ‘Operation Protective Edge’, Israeli hostilities have continued against the occupied Gaza Strip with a growing number of civilian deaths, injuries and property destruction.
The following documentation is provided by the Al-Haq field research team in the Gaza Strip and is updated regularly.
Tuesday 29 July
- 12:15 A.M. Without prior warning, four missiles struck a house in east of Rafah city, killing seven family members: Ahmad abu Zeid, 24, his wife Shama, 16, Sabrin, 30, and her daughter Besan, 12, Mariam, 31, and her son Abdallah, 5, and Falastin, 26. Fourteen family members were injured. The house was partially destroyed while an adjacent house was destroyed.
- 2:00 A.M. Two missiles struck al-Salahin mosque near al-Nuzha Street, and partially destroyed it.
- 3:10 A.M. One unmanned drone followed by another missile struck and destroyed a house in Khirbet al-Adas. Many residents were injured.
- 3:00 A.M. Three missiles struck and destroyed a house in al-Tannur neighbourhood.
- 4:45 A.M. Without prior warning, two missiles struck and destroyed a house in Misbeh neighbourhood, killing seven family members: Turkia Dher, 66, her sons Izzat, 23, and Omar, 38, Omar, 12, Maria, 12, Yasmeen, 24, and her chil Tasnim, 8, Wafa, 28. Four others were wounded while the rest of the family were buried in the rubble and the paramedics are still looking for them.
- 5:20 A.M. One unmanned drone struck a house in north of Rafah city. A few minutes later, another missile struck and destroyed the house.
- 6:00 A.M. An unmanned drone struck a house in al-Hashash neighbourhood. The residents immediately left the house. Another missile struck the family. When the neighbours and paramedics tried to reach them, a third missile was fired in their direction, killing six, including a mother and four of her sons: Hana al-Hashash, 43, and her children Ibrahim, 16, Muhammad, 18, Mas’oud, 20, Sai’d, 20, and their relative Muhammad al-Hashash, 20. Eleven people were wounded.
- 6:15 A.M. Two airstrikes struck and destroyed a house in al-Jnena neighbourhood.
- 6:30 A.M. Three airstrikes hit and destroyed a house in al-Jnena neighbourhood, injuring a child.
- 7:00 A.M. One unmanned drone struck and destroyed a house in al-Shaboura refugee camp, injuring a fighter and four neighbours.
- 7:15 A.M. Four missiles struck and destroyed a house in al-Seyamat neighbourhood.
Khan Younis Governorate
- 12:30 A.M. One missile struck and destroyed a house in al-Qarara, killing Ahmad Farawna, 23, and injuring three others.
- 1:00 A.M. One missile struck a house west of al-Qarara.
- 1:15 A.M. One missile struck a house in Ma’an area, killing Siham al-Najjar, 46, and her daughter Aida, 21, and her baby daughet Sarah Abdel Ghafour. Seven others were injured.
- 2:00 A.M. One missile struck and destroyed a house in Ma’an area.
- 5:30 A.M. Without prior warning, one missile struck and destroyed a house in Qezan al-Najjar, killing seven residents: Muhammad al-Najjar, 54, and his children Isam, 24, Islam, 15, Ata, 33, and two grandchildren, 2 and 3 years old, and Khaled al-Najjar, 23. Four more residents of the house were injured. At the same time, another house was struck killing six family members: Fawzia al-Najjar, 80, Muna al-Najjar, 43, and her son Jihad, 24, and his daughter, Muna, 1, and Hamad al-Najjar, 23, and Muhammad al-Njjar, 30.
- 7:30 A.M. One missile struck and destroyed an apartment in a residential building in Khan Younis, killing seven, including children and injuring 15 others: Lama and Jana Breika, three and one year old, Jamil al-Najjar, 23, and his daughter Lamia, 23, and his son Muhammad, 12, Aya al-Ramlawi, 9, and Aya Abu Sita, 23. The paramedics and civil defence forces are still searching the rubble for more bodies.
- 8:30 A.M. Two missiles struck and destroyed two houses in south of Khan Younis.
- 12:45 A.M. Without prior warning, one house was struck and destroyed with a missile, killing 16: Anwar Abu Jabr, 35, his wife Lina, 25, and their daughters Leen and Salma, two years and a half, Aysha Abu Jabr, 23, Muhammad Abu Jabr, 3, Fadl abu Jabr, 19, Hamdan Abu Jabr, 78, Ahmad Abu Jabr, 35, Jabr Abu Jabr, 27, Sama Abu Jabr, one and a half, Tuqa Abu Issa, one year old, Ahmad Abelal, 24, Ayman Abu Oun, 26, Anwar Abu Jabr, 24, Dina Abu Jabr, 26. Paramedics and civil defence forces are still searching through the rubble for more casualties.
- 1:30 A.M. One unmanned drone followed by another missile struck a hous in Der al-Balah, killing Reham Abu Mashi, 13, while inside a neighbouring house and injuring 18 others.
- 1:45 A.M. Two missiles struck and destroyed two factories east of al-Nusseirat.
- 3:00 A.M. Two airstrikes hit a house west of al-Nusseirat refugee camp, killing nine, including seven children: Ibrahim Abu Khosa, 33, his wife Sabrin, 30, and their children Fadi, 2, Fatma, 3.5, Muhammad, 1, Shahd, 10, Yazan, 3, Retal, 1, Jana, 1.
- 3:45 A.M. Two missiles struck a house in al-Brej refugee camp, killing Anis Abu Shamala, 52, his father Abdelrahman, 74, and Muhammad Abu Shamala, 10, and injuring 30 others, mostly family members.
- 5:40 A.M. One missile struck and destroyed a house in Wadi al-Salqa, killing Muhammad al-Smeiri, 14, and his brother Ibrahim, 10. Forty others were injured.
- 6:00 A.M. Several missiles and shells hit the main electricity generator causing fire. The generator stopped functioning.
- 7:00 A.M. An artillery shell struck a house in Der al-Balah, killing Ibrahim Klub, 4.
- 7:20 A.M. An airstrike hit a house in al-Nusseirat refugee camp, killing Ahmad Ahmad, 51, and injuring five others.
- 12:00 A.M. Israeli gunboats fired dozens of artillery shells and destroyed 13 residential houses in Abu Hasira Street.
- 2:00 A.M. Dozens of artillery shells struck residential houses killing Suhayla al-Ja’l, 63, and causing damage to houses.
- 2:30 A.M. One missile struck and destroyed a house.
- 2:50 A.M. One missile struck and destroyed al-Aqsa Station in al-Nasra neighbourhood.
- 3:30 A.M. Three missiles struck and destroyed the Ministry of Finance. An adjacent mosque was severely damaged and several other houses.
- 3:00 A.M. One missile struck and destroyed al-Amin Muhammad Mosque.
- 4:00 A.M. One missile struck and destroyed another building for al-Aqsa Station.
- 4:05 A.M. Another missile struck the building of al-Aqsa Station in al-Nasr neighbourhood. Another headquarter was struck in al-Remal neighbourhood and destroyed. A few minutes later, another missile struck another office for the station and destroyed it.
- 5:00 A.M. One missile struck and destroyed al-Mashtal, a location used by fighter. Rahaf Farhat, one month old, fell from her bed due to the severity of the airstrike which led to her death.
- Sunday evening – Monday Morning: Israeli forces fired dozens of flares in the sky of Gaza along with dozens of artillery shells and gas bombs. Iman Habib, 41, was killed while inside an UNRWA shelter in Tal al-Hawa.
- 8:00 A.M. One missile struck and destroyed a house in al-Nasr neighbourhood.
North Gaza Governorate
- 12:30 A.M. Fayza al-Nadi, 59, was announced dead due to injuries she sustained following a shell that hit her house in Jabaliyya the day before.
- 2:40 A.M. One missile struck a storage building in Jabaliyya, causing fire.
- 4:00 A.M. One missile struck and destroyed a bus in Tal al-Za’tar.
- 8:30 A.M. One missile struck a group of fighters in Jabaliyya, killing one and injuring another.
- 9:55 A.M. One missile struck a house in Beit Lahia, killing Suhel Abderabo, 32, and his wife Mervat Abdrabo, 31, and their daughter Nagham, 12.
In the past two days, five houses were struck and destroyed.
Monday 28 July
- 4:45 P.M. An artillery shell struck a group of children on the first day of Eid in al-Shate’ refugee camp. Ten children and an elderly man were killed while another 22 were injured, including six children: Yusef Hassuna, 11, Mahmud Shbeir, 12, his brother Ahmad, 10, Jamal Elayan, 8, Bara’ Miqdad, 7, Muhammad Miqdad, 13, Muhammad Abu Shaqfa, 7, Muhammad Barud, 10, Ahmad Weshah, 10, Mansur Hajjaj, 14, and Subhi Awad, 65.
Zakariyya al-Batsh, 20, and Hussam Radi, 43, were announced dead while receiving medical treatment in Jordan.
- 5:00 P.M. Three bodies belonging to fighters arrived to al-Shifa Hospital after they had been killed in al-Zaytun neighbourhood.
- 10:30 P.M. An airstrike hit and destroyed a house in Sheikh Radwan neighbourhood, killing Mahmud Abu Kweik, 29.
North Gaza Governorate
- 11:50 P.M. Israeli forces opened fire at houses in east of Jabaliyya, killing Rizq Jneid, 5. Rizq was shot in the heart and left arm which led to his death.
- 12:30 P.M. A missile hit a group of militants in east Jabaliyya, killing one.
- 2:00 P.M. A fighter’s body was recovered from Bait Hanun by paramedics.
- 7:50 P.M. Dozens of artillery shells struck near Abul Kheir Mosque in Jabaliyya, killing five, including three children: Muhammad Alwan, 9, Hind Qadura, 10, and her brother Yusef, 11, Mariam Abdrabo, 67, and Muhammad Abu Khalifa, 29.
- 7:00 P.M. Muhammad Seyam, 7, was announced dead due to injuries he sustained in an airstrike that hit near his house on 24 July 2014. Muhammad was transferred to a hospital in Egypt where he was announced dead.
- 10:45 P.M. Two airstrikes hit storage room in al-Seyamat neighbourhood, causing fire.
- 11:00 P.M. Four air missiles struck and damaged al-Sabrin mosque in al-Seyamat neighbourhood.
- 11:30 P.M. Two unmanned drones struck and partially destroyed a house in al-Seyamat neighbourhood.
Khan Younis Governorate
- 12:45 A.M. Dawlat Qdeh, 17, was announced dead in the hospital following an airstrike that hit the three-wheeler she was riding. Dawlat was attempting to flee with her father and family from Khuza’a. Bother her father and brother and another citizen were killed in the strike.
- 12:30 P.M. Paramedics and the Red Cross were allowed entry into two neighbourhoods in Khuza’a looking for casualties. Three bodies were recovered, including a father and his son who were killed earlier: Muhammad Qdeh, 75, his son Akram, 45, and Muhammad Tawfiq Qdeh, 58. Muhammad was shot dead on 25 July 2014 while trying to escape the area. He was left to bleed to death. Another four wounded were also found.
- 5:20 P.M. One unmanned drone struck followed by a missile struck and destroyed a house in Bani Suhayla. Injuries were reported.
- 7:20 P.M. One unmanned drone struck and killed Yehia al-Aqqad, 49, and injured three others in al-Manara neighbourhood.
- 8:30 P.M. An airstrike hit a house in al-Qarara, killing Mustafa al-Abadla, 26, a Palestinian fighter.
- 9:00 P.M. One missile struck a house in al-Sheikh Nasser, killing two and injuring 20 others: Mahmud al-Qassas, 24, and Shadi Farawna, 35.
- 9:45 P.M. An airstrike hit and killed four and injured two near Al Yasser Mosque in Bani Suhayla: Khaled al-Raqab, 42, his son Rami, 15, Naji al-Raqab, 39, and Hussein Abu Saqr, 16.
- 10:00 P.M. Two missiles struck and destroyed two houses in Ma’an area, killing Nader al-Agha, 47, and his children Ahmad, 21, Dalia, 17, Dina, 14, and Fadl 11, and Muhammad al-Agha, 30, Marwa al-Agha, 50, her son Majdi, 18, and Muhammad Sha’t, 31. Twenty others were injured.
- 12:15 A.M. Emad al-Bardawil, 45, was announced dead due to injuries he sustained in airstrike on 11 July 2014.
- 9:00 P.M. Artillery shells struck lands west of al-Nusseirat refugee camp, killing Ayman Shakr, 25.
- 10:00 P.M. One missile struck and destroyed a house in Der al-Balah.
- 10:15 P.M. One missile struck a street in al-Nusseirat refugee camp, killing Abdel Samad Ramadan, 16, and injuring four others.
- 11:00 P.M. One unmanned drone followed by another missile struck and destroyed a house in al-Nusseirat refugee camp.
- 11:20 P.M. Without prior warning, a missile struck and destroyed a house in al-Maghazi refugee camp, killing Salem al-Far and Ramzi al-Far, 24, and Jehan al-Far, 25. Search for more casualties is conducted.
- 11:30 P.M. One missile struck and destroyed a house in al-Maghazi refugee camp, killing Issa Musa, 62. Issa lives in a neighbouring house and was standing near where the missile hit.
- 11:35 P.M. One unmanned drone hit and destroyed a house in Der al-Balah.
- 11:45 P.M. An airstrike hit and destroyed a house in Der al-Balah.
- 11:55 P.M. Two airstrikes hit and destroyed a house in Der al-Balah.