GAZA, (PIC)-- Any international ceasefire bids must be up to the sacrifices of Gaza martyrs, Dr. Mahmoud al-Zahhar, member of Hamas political bureau, said Saturday.
Zahhar said in a written statement Saturday evening: “Any international initiative regarding the Gaza offensive has to reflect the sacrifices of the Palestinian people and the potentials of our resistance.”
Zahhar statement comes after the Gaza Strip has been targeted with a massive Israeli offensive since July 7, leading to the mass-murder of 1,920 Palestinians and the wounding of thousands of others.
“No backward moves shall be made. Resistance will keep going,” Hamas spokesman Fawzi Barhoum said Saturday
“The reluctance maintained by the Israeli occupation is simply in vain,” he added.
Barhoum said there is no way the Palestinian truce delegation in Cairo can give up its draft of demands.
The Egyptian-brokered ceasefire negotiations have been fruitless so far while tension has been heated up on the battleground.