Friday, September 23, 2011

Assualting brutally the youth Waheed Rwaidi from Silwan

A soldier said to him” the citizens of Silwan don’t want development and better life

By Maysa Abu Ghazaleh, Waheed Rwaidi a 33 youth from Jerusalem suffers from wounds and concussions all over his body after being attacked by the under cover units and the Israeli borders forces then he was arrested while Waheed was heading accompanied with his family to his sister’s house . The incident took place last Thursday when he was in his private car with his wife , two children 3 yrs and his baby 9 months heading from his house in Beer Ayoub district in Silwan in their way to his sister’s in Abu Tour which is few kilometers away from Silwan , unfortunately, their was a mobile barrier in beer Ayoub district and it was stopping cars randomly, and inspecting documents and i.ds and Waheed ws chosen to be arrested . Waheed tells his story “ I headed last Thursday night with my family to my sisters house when a mobile barrier suddenly stopped me to check identity cards , there were many Israeli Military jeeps exactly beside the bricks factory, at that time , the place was very quiet but all of the sudden the kids were throwing stones towards the Israeli troops , then , to secure my family I moved the car ten meters , as a result I was followed by the soldiers and asked for the identities mine , my mother and my wife’s but they didn’t have them so they started to shout and use dirty language , so they started to search the car and suddenly I was attacked by a group of undercover agents who used wooden sticks and beating me by their feet all over my body and focused also on my face, then I was coughed and taken to the area of Cinematic after being sprayed by the peper gas their I was under custody for more than an hour then I was assaulted brutally and cursed by dirty language and at the time I was bleeding from the nose and ears and I asked them to call an ambulance for I was suffering seviere pains but they didn’t care and beat me on the stomach , then they transported me to Salah Al dien Street Police Station while I was coughed and eye folded at 11 pm . I was interrogated until 3 :30 am. I was accused by breaking into a military barrier , using dirty language against the soldiers , and beating a female soldier , but I denied them and told him about what really happened . After that I was transported to the Russian Compound ,a doctor examined me then sent me to She’ary Tsideck Hospital and after the doctor examined me he told me that those were trauma and they would take days to be cured , then I was taken back to the Russian compound to the waiting rooms to be presented to the Magistrate court judge , I waited from 7:00 am till 12:00 noon time and added “ when I was presented to the Judge he ordered my immediate release and signed me on a 500 NIS bail , refusing the request of the persecution to detain me 3 days as result for the wounds and inflations appeared in my face. Waheed mentioned that his frontal set of teeth were moving as a consequence of the beating . Waheed Indicated that he is going to apply a complain through Mahash “which cares for citizens complains against the Israeli government. Waheed Rwaidi commenting about what happened with him “ The Israeli Forces are spiteful towards Silwan’s Citizens and this is clear in their deliberate brutal reactions and beating over citizens . Rwaidee also quoted the sayings of one of the soldiers “ the citizens of Silwan don’t want to development , they want to stay in old houses , your sons throw stones , you don’t want gardens and parks , you don’t want a better life . Rwaidee ‘s Mother mentioned that they were threatened to be sprayed by pepper gas if we try to be close to waheed while he was beaten



Wadi Hilweh Information Center – Silwan, Jerusalem

No comments:

Post a Comment